Born in Saudi Arabia to a Filipino mother and English father, MJ was raised in London. Acknowledging his exposure to different cultures and unique background as the catalyst to forming his keen interests in community and interactive works. That coupled with his professional pursuits in Graphic Design have led MJ to form a distinctly digital aesthetic, mixing materials and techniques to create a hybrid of work that often exist in both physical and digital realities. MJ graduated with a First Class Honours from Winchester School of Art in 2015.
- Re:Imagined, group show, Store Street Gallery, Bloomsbury, June 2017
- Repeat After Me, solo installation, The CASS, Whitechapel, September 2016
- London Art Fair, group show, Business Design Centre, Islington, January 2016
- A/S/L, group show, CC Gallery, Forest Hill, London, December 2015
- Elbow, residency, CC Gallery, Forest Hill, London, September 2015
- The Hix Award, group show, CnB Gallery, Shoreditch, London, September 2015
- The Winchester School of Art Degree Show, group show, The Bargehouse, Southbank, London, July 2015